after a long-*ss seven years

In the evening of December 28, 2022, I went to the emergency room with soaring BP. For the first time since the first year of my stroke. It was because I overate on the 24th and 25th, and knowingly so.

Yun pala (Nonetheless), I now think it was me becoming normal! And I think this because... On the fourth week of February 2023, two things happened.

Early this week, I woke up and my right underarm with a stroke was no longer closed off. Suddenly, I could open it up, after six years! This was a landmark achievement, but that wasn't all.

A few mornings later, I could climb down the stairs with no leg brace. Nakaslippers lang. (Wearing slippers only.) I had done it climbing up for a year but climbing down was a b_tch at hindi ko magawa (and I couldn't do it). Well, until this day! Minor victory, but the second in the same week.

There. With exercise, with therapy, may himala (there are miracles)! I waited seven years. Nothing is impossible. I hope this inspires.

firstly posted on Facebook at 10:58 AM of 04 March 2023

Comments

  1. Seven frickin' years make such a long time to be waiting for stroke improvements. I didn't think any would still be made. 😱😶‍🌫️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life hacks from an impractical survivor @ https://one-handed-ilay.blogspot.com/2023/04/life-hacks-from-impractical-survivor.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment