PwD Loyalty Pledge (English version)

(I extracted this PwD Loyalty Pledge off one of the Internet pages, probably an FB account, at which Carmen Reyes Zubiaga is involved. Here, today, is its English version.)

LOYALTY PLEDGE OF AN ADVOCATE OF THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

I, (state your name), believe that persons with disabilities have the same rights, enjoyed by other citizens, that should be respected, protected and fulfilled by all, especially by every community leader and head of all government agencies;

Because of this, I hereby pledge, to the best of my ability to advocate for their rights and privileges, in accordance with international treaties ratified by the Philippine government and all national laws that should be implemented by the State;

As an advocate, I will denounce all forms of negative actions that will put down their dignity, especially those of the children and older persons; and to stop violence, abuse, vilifications and all forms of discrimination on the basis of disability;

I will advocate in my entity/agency within my reach and competency their inclusion in all programs and services, to uplift their lives within in their own community, within their family; and within the society;

I will do my best to be a part of a massive campaign on disability awareness geared toward their empowerment and integration into the mainstream of society so they will become partners in nation-building; and

As an ADVOCATE of their inherent rights, I solemnly swear that I will encourage more advocates to recite this pledge, followed by affirmative actions in order, to realize our goals leading to a nurturing community for all.

So help me GOD…

Comments

  1. PwD Loyalty Pledge (Tagalog version) @ https://one-handed-ilay.blogspot.com/2022/09/pwd-loyalty-pledge-tagalog-version.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment